Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

paying money not getting to phone

Astraea_Nova
1: Seeker

Over the past few days I've come to Vodophone to put £60 in total onto my new phone but it doesn't look like it ever came to my phone and I must say this is without making any calls at all.

I put £20 about 2 - 3 days ago and put in £40 today from my PayPal account and that was like 3 - 4 o'clock this afternoon.

It keeps telling me that I've used all my subscription or something and I don't know what I can do about this as I've not used a Vodaphone sim for several years.

So if someone can tell me what I should do about this I'd be very grateful.  Thank you for any help you can provide

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Astraea_Nova

That's not good at all.

Can you first check in your myvodafone to see what Payg tariff your on please.

If your on a Big Value Bundle then every month Vodafone will take a set amount away from your available topped up credit balance to pay for allowances consisting of minutes, texts and data.

If your on Payg1 then when you make a call , text or use data £1 will be taken each day you send a text or make a call or use data. You would get unlimited texts and calls and 500mb of data for the remainder of that day  

This Vodafone link to Payg should explain better than I have > Pay-as-you-go-plans.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help you also by accessing your account to track what's happening with your account and your top ups.

Occasionally a top up can take a short while to update on a persons account too.

The best ways to top up are explained in How-can-I-top-up-my-phone.

I'd also check your PayPal Account which I assume is a registered one within the UK.

I have never used my PayPal account to top up and on looking right now I can see it's an option in the myvodafone app.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Astraea_Nova

If you have not made any calls or made a chargeable activity, I suspect your problem here will be with SIM activation.  If the SIM has been activated you will be able to register an online account and download the My Vodafone Application to the phone for managing the account.  If you text to 17298 followed by call, this will also activate the SIM. Dialling 2345 from your Vodafone mobile after SIM activation will give your credit balance.

If your PayPal account is not registered in the UK, Vodafone may not accept PayPal payments from non UK addresses and your PayPal account will let you know if the payment has been made.

Please see this link where you will be able to see all the necessary information on getting started with PAYG.

Let’s get you started

Should you continue to have problems please come back to the forum or for quickness live chat or Customer Services on 191 will help.