Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

possible employee scamming customers

Novato
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

not sure if this is a normal thing that happens but my friend was trying to get his topic to work and asked the person on support to help and she agreed to helping but wanted to call us on another number, to me this is really suspicious. i don't see why you would ever need to change the phone call 3 times to speak to us about setting up payments have this weird scam feeling going on and it bugs me more i can't even report it over the phone tried to but got told to basically ##~## off and everything is okay. so yeah I'm complaining here until this is probably censored as well

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You and your friend are correct to be always aware that it's vital to be cautious when providing any sensitive information @Novato 

A person knows if Vodafone are calling via checking in Is it Vodafone Calling. 

Never give information via a number that is not officially Vodafone's.

An account holder can also make Vodafone aware via complaints/code-of-practice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

Hi @Novato 

I have read your thread and I am still trying to make some sense out of what you have written. I take it this is your friends account and of no concern of yours. 

I would suggest you ask your friend to speak to the Social Team here:  Contact the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook DM they will have the necessary account access and will be able to see exactly what has happened with the top up issue.

my concern is someone from vodafone customer support is taking calls with banking and sensitive information over to a personal phone number to avoid the recording. if it's normal to customer support to use there personal number to help with setting up an account and giving banking info over to them over a personal phone number is a normal part of your privacy policy. I'm only reporting the situation that's made me tell my friend to hang up as has not tech savvy and this is very weird from a large company

AnnS

Hi @Novato 

This sounds correct.   There are GDPR data protection regulations that need to be followed and Vodafone have to make sure they are speaking to the account holder.

If your friend, the account holder, needs clarification he will need to speak to the Social Team through the provided link.

you are still not understanding, anyways i'm enjoy knowing someone in customer support is stealing others peoples personal bank information and doing it all outside of your calling system so you're unaware of it and you're unable to check any logs as they will only exist on that employees personal phone 🤣 what a company 

BandOfBrothers

You and your friend are correct to be always aware that it's vital to be cautious when providing any sensitive information @Novato 

A person knows if Vodafone are calling via checking in Is it Vodafone Calling. 

Never give information via a number that is not officially Vodafone's.

An account holder can also make Vodafone aware via complaints/code-of-practice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.