Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

retrieval of old Vodafone number

aswas01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was hoping someone could help me, I am trying to see if I can retrieve an old phone number that was on the vodafone network. I ported the number into my old companies account who are a vodafone reseller. When I left about 18 months ago they would not allow me to port it away. 

I know its not in use as when you ring it there is nothing there, I want a get a vodafone sim in the next couple of days and wanted to know if I could request this specific number. 

Any help would be much appreciated as I had the number for about 20 years before they took it off me so if I can retrieve it, it will never be let go again !!. 

Thanks

Mark

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @aswas01

I think your aware this isn't going to be a straightforward ask !

I would suggest that you speak directly with customer service via contact-us.

They'll advise of the current status of the phone number whuch may still be in quarantine and or kf it's been passed to another network and advise if it's possible at this time to be able to have the number assigned to you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Would someone be able to get in touch with me to see if I can retrieve an old phone number at all, I had the number for about 20 years, ported it into my companies account but when I left they would not allow me to port it away, this was about 18 months ago now. It was on vodafone and I know its not in use and don't think it has been in use for the last 18 months. 

It looks like from the posts it is possible so any help would be very much appreciated, I am looking to get a vodafone sim in the next 3 days so if it possible to get this number it would be great. 

Thanks

Mark

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aswas01 You're right in saying it's possible, but as I'm sure you can understand, we wouldn't be able to guarantee getting it back either. We'd be happy to check though and give it a go! I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch 🙂

Hi, 

I lost access to my Pay-as-you-go Vodaphone number in December 2018, and I had this number for over 6 years.

I am trying to find someone who could help me track or possibly get the number back for me. 

Everyone I asked from Vodafone team keeps telling me its not possible. 😞

I really do not mind paying extra or signing a contract with my old number just so I could have it back. 

Any feedback or help would be highly appreciated.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We can usually only retrieve a Pay as go number that's been disconnected for up to seven days. I'll be more than happy to double check for you @Sze-Sze, but I can't make any promises.

So I can find your account and take a closer look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hi TJ

Thank you for your reply.

I've completed the online form per your suggestion and look forward to your assistance.

Best regards

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great @Sze-Sze, thanks for keeping us updated with this. We answer all our emails in the order they're received, and will be in touch as soon as we reach yours.