Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sim disconnected

katerina_v
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

yesterday you disconnect my number! I didn’t receive any warning message yesterday. Today,I went to Vodafone ask about connect my number and I would like be happy continue pay as you go and they told me it’s not possible or charge me £120 for connect my number back? 

I cant believe this! 

I need keep my number ,so I really please is any chance give me a number back? It’s only 24 hours when you disconnect me! 

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A Payg number is usually only disconnected if it hasn't been used to make calls, use data text or top up in an 180 day period.

Even then another 90 days is given after that period as Vodafone are meant to let a person know.

The other reason for disconnection is high usage of texts which can engage their fair usage policy.

Vodafone T&C's.

Or do you currently have a Pay Monthly Contract and owe an amount and are asking to convert that to a Payg number ?

Vodafone I wouldn't think do this.

To add There is only a short period of time to have a number reconnected @katerina_v 

Did the agent advise why your number has been disconnected ?

Also as far as I'm aware there isn't a fee to reconnected a Pay As You Go Number.

I would suggest contacting Vodafone via phone Customer Support

And or contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via these official links.

Facebook  and Twitter.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My number finished the contract. Was on my family member name and we asked about pay as you go. 

Min Thirsday didn’t come any message from Vodafone they will disconnect me.

when I couldn’t make a phone call ,I went to Vodafone website but I couldn’t make a payment for pay as you go.

I am sure they don’t give it to my number someone else straight away.

BandOfBrothers

If Vodafone suspend a number then it goes into quarantine for a while and then after a while re issued.

To move a Contract Mobile Number to Payg takes 30.days. 

Did Vodafone agree for the number to be placed onto your name ?

As I said please do speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams who can help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.