Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

traveler from Canada to Ireland and Scotland

fitzgilbert
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I live in Canada. I will be visiting Clondalkin Ireland for 2 weeks in September, then travelling on to Scotland. I have a Motorola smart phone, model Moto G, running Android 5.1. It takes a micro sized SIM card.  I want to be able to make phone calls, text and get online for email and google searches.  What do you suggest I buy and where can I purchase it?

Also, I have a Galaxy tablet and I will want to be able to get onto the internet with it.  What do you suggest I buy and where can I purchase it.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I would suggest to visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store in Ireland and they'll set you up with a Payg Sim Card and then you can choose a Bundle with allowances that suits your needs.

You can tether your tablet to your phone and use its data although it could use alot more data and your phones battery will diminish faster.

Your own phone will need to be unlocked to all network's to accept the Vodafone Sim card, and be able to work on the networks frequencies and bands.

Just to clarify this is the Vodafone Forum for UK Customers. 

Vodafone Ireland has it's own customer services and isn't linked to Vodafone Uk.

https://community.vodafone.ie

https://n.vodafone.ie.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Band of Brothers is right - as you arrive in Ireland first, you're best finding the best solution for your phone and data needs there.

You'll then be able to roam on Vodafone UK when you get here and not pay any additional roaming fees so one sim for both places.

A few years ago, you'd have been buying sims in both. 

PS: I wouldn't bother with the VF IE forum. They've closed it. Forums are out of favour and instead they'd prefer customers to reach out via Facebook, Twitter or LiveChat.