Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlocking a iphone 7plus

Grezza
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

my girlfriend as been given an i phone 7 plus whats on vodaphone as shes not on this network but i am on PAYG only could i get her unlocked for her if so how regards grezza

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Grezza

The link below has all the information needed to unlock your phone. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Grezza

3 choices. 

1. Ask the original owner of the iPhone to fill out the unlocking form.

2. Use a Vodafone UK Payg sim card in  the iPhone for 30 days making calls etc and then use the online unlocking form. 

3. Use a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage. 

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to another 30 days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hi thanks for the rplies the person who gave it to my partner as rang vodaphone and requested it to be unlocked how long does it usually take regards grezza

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Grezza Once we've received the relevant information that's requested for your Network Unlock Code (NUC), we usually get back to you within 48 hours. Sometimes we may need to get in touch with your phone's manufacturer, which can take up to 10 working days.