Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlocking

mpn762
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

IS ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS UNLOCKING THE VODAFONE SMART PHONE N10.I PURCHASED 2 IN MARCH 21 .VODAFONE AGREED TO UNLOCK BOTH PHONES AS I NEEDED TO CHANGE NETWORKS NEITHER PHONE COULD BE UNLOCKED BY CODES SENT BOTH ARE USELESS AS THE NUMBER OF FAILED UNLOCK CODES HAS BEEN REACHED AND BOTH PERMANENTLY LOCKED.VODAFONE IN THEIR WISDOM SENT ANOTHER N10.I TOOK THIS INTO THE LOCAL VODAFONE SHOP WITH CODE PROVIDED THEY COULD NOT UNLOCK IT AND REMARKED THAT IT WAS A VERY LONG UNLOCK CODE 16 DIGITS.SO HERE I AM WANTING TO LEAVE VODAFONE FOR GOOD WITH 2 PHONES PERMANENTLY LOCKED TO VODAFONE AND A THIRD ONLY 2 TRIES LEFT.HELP?

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mpn762 

There is no need to type in capitals, it is seen as shouting.

To answer your question and help with getting the phone unlocked.

Vodafone phones are simple to unlock with just the one unlocking process.  Before entering the code you have been given type  *#7525*01# this will bring up the unlocking menu, followed by the NUC code you have been provided.  Type in the code exactly as you have been sent by Vodafone.  We can't see the code, it may include part or all of the code needed to access the unlocking menu.

If you still have problem follow this link to speak to the Social Team, they will help and get the phone unlocked here Contact the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook DM 

THESE CHARS WHICH ARE INPUT TO ENTER THE UNLOCK MENU DOES THE VODAFONE SIM HAVE TO BE INSERTED.I SAY THIS BECAUSE THE SIM I AM USING TO INPUT THE CODE THERE ARE NO SPECIAL CHARS LIKE *#.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @mpn762 - I understand how important it is to get this sorted. You won't need to have a Vodafone SIM in the device to unlock it. I'd advise dropping us a message on social media via the link provided above by @AnnS. We'll then be able to check the NUC codes you have been given and escalate this if needed.

When dropping us a message make sure to include a link back to this forum thread, you account/mobile number, the IMEI of the device, and the NUC codes you have tried so far.

BandOfBrothers

I can well understand and appreciate that your unimpressed and frustrated with the current situation. 

Perhaps contact Live Chat or Customer services on 0333 3040191 and they'll check the validity of your Nuc.

Did Vodafone give you a new Nuc that's in connection to the new imei of the phone they provided as a replacement.

The other option which you shouldn't have to use is to pay a reputable online unlocking site or Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phone's to unlock the phone for you.

I wish you all the best with this @mpn762 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I DID TRY OTHER UNLOCKING COMPANIES AND THE CODE WAS THE SAME.THE VODAFONE SHOP COULD NOT UNLOCK IT WITH CURRENT CODE AND IME.BEFORE I PURCHASED THE 2 N10 FROM VODAFONE I MANAGED TO UNLOCK MY OLD VODAFONE MIN 7 OK AND I AM USING IT ON THE NEW 1P NETWORK.THE OTHER PHONE A SAMSUNG MINI HAD TO PAY AND USE AN UNLOCK CODE FROM A THIRD PARTY COMPANY BUT THAT UNLOCKED OK.