Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

01709 917461 said they were Vodafone

dutyhog2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

01709 917461 said they were Vodafone when calling me on 15th March. They are not on the list of official numbers, so I didn't want to deal with them (making some sort of free offer that would cost me £10 a month!).  Can anything be done to list them if they are genuine or ban them if not?

Gordon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dutyhog2 You're absolutely right, this isn't on our list of recognised numbers. I'm going to feed this back so it can be looked into and we can find out for definite what needs to happen. If it needs to be added to our list we'll be sure to do this, if not the necessary actions will be taken to stop future calls. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention 😊 

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

From a Google Search it appears to be an affiliated Vodafone Rewards Team. 

Personally I would suggest being careful to what you agree to on a cold call _ best to ring Vodafone on 191 if you want anything. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@dutyhog2 You're absolutely right, this isn't on our list of recognised numbers. I'm going to feed this back so it can be looked into and we can find out for definite what needs to happen. If it needs to be added to our list we'll be sure to do this, if not the necessary actions will be taken to stop future calls. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention 😊 

I had same problem today trying to sell me smart tablet and contract SIM card 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rossshaw96 If you'd rather not receive any marketing-related calls from us, simply text STOP PHONE to 9774. 

Hi, 

What action has been taken from this please? 

I have received a call from them today to the number is still the same as the comment posted 3 months ago 

thanks 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Emilygarlinge I can confirm this is one of our recognised numbers, it appears to be from our sales and marketing team.

If you wish to stop receiving these calls, please text STOP to 9774. This will change your marketing preferences and you'll no longer receive further contact.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Why on earth aren't the numbers listed in numerical order? If the idea is to reassure us, giving us a reasonable chance to spot the pesky number in the list would be ever so helpful.

Hi Josh,

Colleen stated on the 20/03 that this wasn’t a recognised number. So when they called again yesterday I told them I didn’t want to speak to them until they are and now your stating they are recognised? 

Did they just become recognised or were they always, I’m confused. When they called they were asking for my log in details to access my account which also doesn’t seem ok, especially after you and Colleen saying different things on behalf of Vodafone.

thanks