Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

12in Ipad Pro, very dissapointed

akeister
9: Established

Well, I currently have a 12 in ipad pro, 125gb 3mb for £32.20 a month.

Comes time for me to look at an upgrade.

Only thing that the call centre could offer me was a 256mb ipad pro  in space grey, 1mb upgraded to 5mb a month for, wait for it...£60 a month!

So, on top of my pghone going up by 40% yVoda want a 50% increase on my ipad data!

No ability to pay more upfront, no similar 125gb 12in. Tried to get me to take a 9in normalipad. I have the 12 inch due to macular degeneration, I can see very easily the 9.7in screen.

very unhappy Vodafone.

looks like when the period is up in September I will be going elsewhere for my ipad and data.

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It may well be worth checking again in September as you'll be in a stronger position to haggle as Vodafone know you'll be able to leave without penalties @akeister

Ring 191 and choose thinking of leaving.

If they can't supply a device of choice then the other option is to go for a SIM only data SIM and buy the iPad of choice directly from Apple. 

Expensive initial outlay I submit. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ithink thats what I will do, but wont be giving Voda my sim business.

Been with Voda for 30 years, seems lotalty is not wanted

jeffkinn

Apple doesn't make a 125GB iPad pro so no network will be able to supply a product that doesn't exist. The price for a 256GB device will be a lot more than the iPad you got 2 years ago and that's why the price will have gone up so much.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Yes, just been to the Apple web site and seen they have a smaller 64gb then 256 gb.

Around £1,000. That I belive was the approximate cost two years ago for the 128gb I got.

My other point was they two years ago, you could balance the monthly payment based upon your upfront price towards the tablet.

Was told they dont do that anymore.

so, without the "free" 1gb to 5GB offer

1 GB is now £60 instead of 3gb for £32, (no 1gb to 3gb then) sorry, but not going to happen Vodafone.

jeffkinn
I’d be amazed if your 128gb iPad was the same price as the current 256gb model as Apple has been putting its prices up especially in light of the deterioration on the Dollar/Sterling exchange rate. The price will be higher now and that has fed into the monthly fee. But if the deals don’t suit you we all have the ability to vote with our feet. Have you looked at networks to see how they compare?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Next on my list.

its the fact Vodafone don’t really seem to give a damn, as I said, two years ago, you could pay more upfront, tgat seems to gave gone now.

yes my iPad Pro was retailing at £1,000 or $1,000  at the tine

@akeister wrote:

Ithink thats what I will do, but wont be giving Voda my sim business.

Been with Voda for 30 years, seems lotalty is not wanted

Loyalty means nothing.   I've been with them 21+ years and trying to get a decent upgrade deal for a new phone (been SIM only the last year with them).   The phone I want I can get for £19.99 or £23.99 a month at quite a few places now, but VF wanted £43 for the same deal.  Even when I went through cancellations they dropped from £43 to £30.10 but it's still a lot more per month than elsewhere.

I went in a VF store so I could physically see some of the phones I've been interested in, and the salesman there told me not to upgrade with VF due to the amount of interest they charge on their plans.  It was a case of "I shouldn't be telling you this, but stick with SIM only and go and buy the phone elsewhere".

jeffkinn
I love these posts about loyalty as if it’s a one way street. After 21 years you are prepared to leave a network that has served you well (I assume) for £73 a year? Are the billions they’ve invested in those 21 years to give us as customers a better service not worth some consideration? Also those deals you mention are probably based on being a new customer as opposed to an upgrade.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@jeffkinn wrote:
I love these posts about loyalty as if it’s a one way street. After 21 years you are prepared to leave a network that has served you well (I assume) for £73 a year? Are the billions they’ve invested in those 21 years to give us as customers a better service not worth some consideration? Also those deals you mention are probably based on being a new customer as opposed to an upgrade.

I never said I was going to leave the network, just that the upgrade offers for existing customers are naff.  I am paying £15 a month for my current SIM only deal with Vodafone.   The upgrade would have been £43 a month, and to a plan with less data than I'm on now.    So if I wanted to stay with Vodafone for the next 2 years with the phone of my choice, it would have cost an extra £28 a month = £672 over the 2 years, for a phone I can buy outright for £399.

So - less data, and an extra £300 almost.    It's a no brainer to stay on the current SIM only plan and just buy the handset myself.

And if the retentions team can just drop it from £43 to £30.10 like that, that's an extra £309 over the 2 years, then it's pretty obvious existing customers who do a normal upgrade are getting a bum deal.