cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3G, 4G, Mobile data not working; tried everything!!!

issam81
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

3G, 4G, Mobile data not working for weeks now...

Spoken for hours with tech help 1st, 2nd and 3rd line, no resolution.

Tried;

- Both APN settings; wap.vodafone and internet

- Selecting different providers

- Restarts

- Texting Web to 40127

- Replace the SIM from vodafone store

The mobile is iphone7 but I tried the SIM in a samsung S7, it still didn't work.  Put the vodafone SIM from the S7 into the iphone7 and safari worked fine.

My conclusion is this an issue on the vodafone account settings and they don’t know where to find it. Is there anyone who knows where such settings are located so I can guide the call centre to fix this problem as soon as possible?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

The apn settings should really self update when inserting the sim card. 

I use the ones listed in this geek squad link > http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings

From your own process of elimination it does sound like your account. Maybe ask for them to reset that part. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Cheers champ, tried those settings.

One person at voda said they turned the data off and on, but that didn't make any difference.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Yeah definitely sounds like this is account rather than device related.

So you've been speaking to technical about this. How have they left it with you? You don't have a solution but they're aware of the problem. I'd expect them to be owning this - are they?

Hi donnyguy,

1st line just want to redo what I've  been doing since day 1. Then say it's logged for 3rd line support to get back to me 24-48 hours; not happened...

So unfortunately don't think it's being owned...

Cheers

donnyguy

In that case, I'd log a complaint via this webpage: www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints

No company can guarantee to provide a fault free service. Things go wrong, things happen, we get that however if you have no data and you're not receiving a great customer service experience then they need to know about it.

It's only by logging things officially that things get better. Plus from your point of view, someone will own and liaise with the relevent teams to get a resolution.

I'm a firm believer in valuing 'customer effort' (how much effort it takes to get things done) and it sounds like in your case, this isn't happening.

Good luck though - really hope you get a quick resolve.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@donnyguy - I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’re having.

So we can look into this, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

donnyguy

Hey Jenny, 

Thanks for the offer but it's not me who needs help.

If you re-direct the PM to Issam81, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. 🙂

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@donnyguy - My apologies. I did send the PM to @issam81 but I addressed my reply here to you by mistake. :smileyembarrassed: Whoops!

Thanks for flagging though :Winking_smiley: