Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G Calling Replacement Phone - Samsung S8

ascrivens
3: Seeker

Hi,

I had an "accident" with my Samsung S8 and was replaced by my insurance company. Everything is the same apart from 4G calling doesn't work, my phone is always boucing from 3G to 4G when calls are made and I can actually see a difference in battery life.

I have checked 4G is enabled on my account and Wi-FI calling also works fine.

Thanks

Ash

5 REPLIES 5

ascrivens

Also just to add...

My phone used to connect to Vodafone Wi-Fi automaticly when in a tube station but now i have to manualy log in

Is there any setting that can be sent to my phone?

Liam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

It's disappointing to hear that you're having an issue with your 4G calling after your recent repair. What was the issue with the phone? Were the insurance complany able to give you clarification that the phone was fully repaired upon its return?

To use our 4G calling, you'll need a compatible phone and plan. Was this working for you before the phone was damaged? You can find more information about how to set this up here: http://vodafone.uk/2GJ9Hhk

For steps on how to get connected to the London Underground Wi-Fi, please check the following link: http://vodafone.uk/2bwpaAF

Please let us know if you've any further issues.

Hi,

It wasn't repaired it was replaced after being lost. Is it because its just a unlocked phone direct from Samsung and not a Vodafone device? 

Thanks 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ascrivens I don't personally know why this would be any different. The actual handset should still be 4G compatible regardless of where you got it. Have you tried a manual roam on the device at all? If you're not sure on how to do this, please let us know and we'll talk you through it. 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ascrivens

I see your Samsung phone was replaced by your insurance company. 

As it's no longer a requirement for Vodafone to supply that particular phone then it should work as long as it's turned On in your myvodafone and also that Vodafone Customer services still have it activated on your Vodafone Account. They can check if you call 191. 

How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling-on-an-Android-phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.