Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G and 5G not working on new Samsung A90 5G

LOGA_MAHES
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently took out a contract with Vodafone and went for the Samsung A90 5G phone. I can only get 2G and 3G up to a maximum of 3.5G(H+).

I have reset network settings and also gone into the phones settings and made sure the 2G,3G,4G and 5G option was selected and rebooted the phone many times even after installing new updates for the phone.

5G is not available at my home address yet but 4G is. Both 4G and 5G are available at my work address which is fine. Just missing out on 4G is a pain because 3G seems much slower than it used to be 10 years ago.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @LOGA_MAHES 

As you get 4G and 5G at your workplace this suggests that the phone , sim and Vodafone Account are all set up correctly or you would have the same issue everywhere with not attaining 4G / 5G.

This then could point to a mast issue or mast congestion which maybe happening as most people are staying at home due to workplaces being temporarily closed or are working from home.

Perhaps use the Vodafone Mast Checker to look at your local and surrounding masts to see if there are any known issues.

Vodafone status-checker. 

If your local masts and surrounding masts are showing as fine and that 4G is available then this could be mast congestion I mentioned above.

Use the next link to look at troubleshooting tips and it has a template you can copy and paste back here so the Vodafone Social Media Teams here can pass this to the Vodafone Networking Teams.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

As you can see from the announcement on the forum Vodafone are implementing further resources into the network.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.