Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G /. internet Drops every few minutes

jht87
4: Newbie

hi there

been round the houses and wondered if anyone had a similar situation to my own.

I've been listening to music/streaming spotify at work and my 4G will be full bars. I'm in a good network area with no issues as far as i know and other vodafone users around me have no issues.

I will be listening and then every few minutes literally for hours on end, my phone will stop streaming (i tend to listen to mixes/playlists with 1-2min songs so this happens often as it changes into next song) and it will just stop streaming the next song or get stopped 5seconds in. i'll go to mobile data, turn this off (iPhone 8 plus) and back on again and mobile data will work for another minute or two, then stop working.

I can go to safari, no internet will work until i do the same, airplane mode on and off or mobile data off and on. 

this happens all day, and only on cellular. 

I have tried resetting network settings on my phone, i have done a full reset of my phone as per apples advice and also reset every setting possible. So phone is out of the question mostly, although i am now going to the apple store on thursday if no luck.

for vodafone, i've done a full reset of all settings, checked the APN settings. downloaded the profile given by vodafone, and even swapped for a brand new sim card recently.

still the same issue. Wonder if anyone has any ideas, as this is getting incredibly frustrating and cant listen to any music or stream anything without it stopping every 5 minutes.

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can see how frustrating this is for you @jht87 

You've already completed a good set of self help troubleshooting tips already.

And as you've stated " and other vodafone users around me have no issues. " it's probably not the Vodafone Network at issue here in regards to signal and data speeds as others would typically be experiencing similar problems.

Yes it's a good idea to ask an Apple Store Genius Bar to run a diagnostic test on the phone.

Also another good process of elimination is to try your sim card in another phone i.e a friends , work colleagues etc and then see what user experience you have.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Does it happen only in work? Or does it happen always on cellular regardless of location?

If it happens only at work try making sure your wifi is disconnected. There could be something else interfering with the device. 

if it happens everywhere I'd assume hardware fault/modem issue.