Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working.

MrSmirn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had my handset stolen, so called Vodafone for the account to be suspended pending getting a new SIM and handset. Since then I have had two SIM's and two new handsets. I feel a bit foolish sending a 'good' handset back now and do not want to ask for a third. If I pop any other SIM into the phone it works 4G. Please can anyone help? I have spoken to the assistant team and they have run me through all the reset chores, they even sent me a second SIM at my expense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @MrSmirn 

This sounds like an account issue where after having your phone stolen and SIM barred there is still a remaining restriction on our account which needs to be removed by Customer Services.

The quickest way to get this solved is through live chat and specifically ask them to check your account.  Although you can wait for the forum team, it won't be quick and we also onto Friday and then there is the weekend, this means it may be Monday before they get to your enquiry.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

From your own troubleshooting by inserting another sim card in the phone and 4G works this shows to me it's your account.

I would suggest asking Vodafone customer services on 191 or Live Chat to re provision your account for 4G.

We've seen similar posts to yours where the account needed looking at.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook and Twitter can help too.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the swift reply. On it.

AnnS

Hi @MrSmirn 

This sounds like an account issue where after having your phone stolen and SIM barred there is still a remaining restriction on our account which needs to be removed by Customer Services.

The quickest way to get this solved is through live chat and specifically ask them to check your account.  Although you can wait for the forum team, it won't be quick and we also onto Friday and then there is the weekend, this means it may be Monday before they get to your enquiry.

Thank you to both of you. I have called now and the issue is resolved. They will also be refunding me the cost of sending out a second SIM as I passed the security question on 3 attempts to the chat live people. Apparently the first guy I spoke to when registering the first new SIM should have noticed the red flag on the account. Issue is now resolved and phone is showing a 4G+ signal which I never had on my stolen phone.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @MrSmirn  and I'm glad to.hear customer services resolved this for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @MrSmirn

I am glad to hear customer services quickly removed the account restriction.