Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g on Huawei B535

Litas
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey guys, so I just got a new SIM from Vodafone and I thought i'd set up a home broadband using unlimited plan that Vodafone has and Huawei B535 router. Problem is I can only get 3G working on it. Any ideas how to fix that? Or does vodafone not support routers or something? Thank you so much in advance. 

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you used the router before with another networks sim card @Litas ?

And if so did you attain 4G ?

I'm asking as a process of elimination. :Smiling:

It might also be worth just checking the specs of the router to ensure it works on the network frequencies Vodafone uses for 4G and check in its preference settings too.

Screenshot_20191018-154305_Samsung Internet.jpg

A google search may yield more info.

Live Chat or customer service on 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  maybe able to help further with settings and general advice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

According to this image atteched below, it does. Unless I don't understand how it works lol.

I normally use Three network, but in the place that I live, if I get 2mbps speed that's really high, so that's out of the equation, so I haven't tried any other SIMs

BandOfBrothers

Until the Vodafone Team here moderate your post to allow your picture unfortunately I can't see it.

Has any of the other suggestions I mentioned created a path for you to follow.

Current Phone  >

4G Bands:LTE bands 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 32 & 38

I've been going through google suggestions for a while now and I can't seem to find anyone with the issue the same as mine.

Also I contacted the Vodafone team on Live chat and all I could get from them was just APN settings, which did not help.

BandOfBrothers

Fair enough @Litas 

As Vodafone didn't supply the device they'll only go so far in regards for support for the device they haven't supplied.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer  ?

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Litas 

There is no reason for you being unable to connect to the 4G network. You don't mention the unlimited plan you purchased, each tariff has it's own maximum speed.

The problem here could well be your down to the network available at your location, if you put your postcode in the coverge checker above you will be able to check the network available, there is also a speed indicator on the coverage checker where you will be able to check the expected speed.

Customer Services will be able to check your account to make sure 4G is provisioned.

I decided to buy myself a 5G router that Vodafone advertises, hopefully won't have any issues and it'll be sort of future-proofing decision also. 

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Litas 

Are you now getting the best connection possible ?

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Litas 

If you are considering purchasing the GigaCube here: Vodafone GigaCube

As suggested in my reply, you need to check the network coverage to make sure you have sufficient signal at your home location, or you will still only be able to achieve the same speed.