Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5 Hours on Live Chat with no resolution

ANDREWJWARD
4: Newbie

I am currently roaming in South Africa with Global Roaming Plus. Since arriving 3 days ago I have been unable to make outbound calls. Text and data and inbound calls work fine. 
So I started a live chat and the level of incompetence is astounding. Firstly I was told that it must be a local network issue. Wrong I tell them because my wife's phone, which is in my name also is working fine. So after numerous request to turn my phone off, take the sim out etc still no further forward. So they eventually seek help from third line and advise that they will reset all network connections on my phone and everything will be ok in 30 minutes. So despite making it absolutely clear that it was MY number that had the problem and without giving them my wife's number - they reset that number. And now that which had been working fine has the same issue. No outbound calls. My one number for my Apple Watch now appears to be disconnected. I have a spend limit I didn't request and now two phones with the same issue and unable to call our son at home. 

so after 5 hours on online chat and going round and round in circles with the same request to turn now both phones off take the sim out etc I am in a worse position and neither phone now seems to accept inbound calls. So when I asked to complain I am told I will get a call. Not sure how as neither phone is accepting inbound calls!  The level of incompetence and inability to address the issue is staggering. Most appalling customer service ever.  All I want is the service I am paying for and to be able to make and receive calls.  Clearly too much to ask!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@petetobin Did you ever drop our Social Media team a message on Facebook/Twitter, as previously advised? If so, have they been able to shed any light on this? 

Yes many times but with no joy.  The Directors Complaint team told me there was a fraud block on the account which they have removed but still no joy.  They then said it might not take effect until I return to the UK which makes no sense to me as the block is in your backend.  Next stop is a complaint to Ofcom.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated @petetobin. Any changes made to your number may only go through once you return back to the UK. This is because we're unable to guarantee it'll complete when you're connected to a different network. If you find you're still having issues after returning back to the UK and travelling again in the future, the team will be able to investigate this further.