Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5G Ready Plan

garetc
12: Established

Are all Vodafone plans 5G ready as long as you have a 5G phone or do they require a tariff change?

The coming soon website doesn't really specify if all customers will get access or, if like EE, you have to pay more?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @garetc 

Vodafone started to sell 5G devices from the 23rd May.

5G won't be provisioned at point of sale.

If you purchase a device directly from Vodafone the plan will automatically be updated to include 5G and you will receive SMS confirmation when 5G is available for use.

garetc

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the reply, I think my question wasn't so clear as your reply doesn't answer my question.

I already have a 5G phone purchased from Samsung (on Vodafone) and I am already a Pay Monthly customer with a handset plan (The handset was a Huawei Mate 20 Pro (non-4G)). Is my current plan sufficient and when Vodafone launches 5G it will just work or do I need to do a plan change to get 5G provisioned?

On 5G page here: 

You'll need a 5G ready plan and a 5G phone to connect to the Vodafone 5G network. If you buy a 5G phone you won't need a new 5G SIM.

hrym

My guess would be that it'll work like 4G.   So, that would be a premium service initially, then the infrastructure gradually rolled out and probably enabled on accounts when it's available in your area.  AFAIK, all accounts are now 4G-capable, though.

garetc

Allegedly my current tariff is 5G ready…

Annotation 2019-06-12 113642.png