Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5G in London using a OnePlus 7 pro 5G

harrismix
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have a OnePlus 7 Pro 5G phone and have just started the Vodafone Unlimited Max plan (with 5G) - The phone is working great on my Vodafone account and I am connecting to 3G, 4G, 4G+ just fine but . . .  No 5G - It just does not find a 5G signal and I have tried in the covered (red) zones in London, (on Waterloo Bridge, by Holborn Station, St Anne's Court in Soho and others) - it never once connects to 5G and I have it enabled in the phone settings -if I try a manual network search it does not see any 5G either . . . The most I am getting anywhere (including these zones) is 4G+ . . . . Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

As others have said, 5G only works on EE with this phone. There is a way to get it to work but it doesn't survive a reboot and requires editing the config files of the qualcomm chip using QPST to flash it. Not really worth the effort.

So if you saying its a software issue, does that mean a new software can come out which would then allow 5g singal from other networks other than EE?

In theory yes a software change would allow it.

The problem is that will never happen as it was an EE exclusive so OnePlus will not make that software change due to the agreement in place.

Are you sure it is not a banding issue?Maybe the phone only has the 5g signal bands for EE and not any other networks. 

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

All UK networks use the same band for 5G, called n78 (3.4GHz) - so not the issue.

do you know the technical way?

Hi,

Does 5G now work with a Vodafone SIM on a "OnePLus 7 Pro 5G" now that Oxygen 10.0.4.GM27BA is out?

Thanks in advance