Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5G

bbment
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have an unlimited pay monthly plan 4G with maximum download speed of 10mps. I have just bought the S10 5G i have 5G included in my plan would it still be maximum 10mps when using 5G in my new phone?

4 REPLIES 4

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Yes.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @bbment 👋 If you're on our Unlimited plan, this would have a maximum download speed 10mbps. 

If you're on our Unlimited Max plan you're be able to connect to the fastest speed available and our Unlimited Lite plans have a maximum speed of 2mbps.

I have reported them to various bodies as they will not activate 5g on my account Customer care team also tell you it has been sorted and it hasn't 

Do not buy from this poorly run company 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As I understand it, you need to be on one of the more recent Red plans, which include 5G.  You don't need an Unlimited plan and I believe that capped plans will run at the fastest speed available.   Obviously, given its speed, 5G will eat up you data in a very short time if you use it to its full capability.   I don't think you can get 5G added to a non-inclusive plan.

If your plan is older, it won't include 5G and you can check this by looking at the details on My Vodafone (online or in the app).

When 4G arrived, it was only added to plans when it became available in the area in which you lived (unless you opted for a 4G plan).   5G will eventually become mainstream, but that'll be a while yet, while it rolls out.