Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Abysmal and dangerous customer service

Kimosabe93
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This sequence of events has left me in Europe without any network coverage from Vodafone. A very dangerous situation to be in being that I have had two vehicle breakdowns, which vodafones disgraceful customer service has made dangerous and costly due to complete loss of network coverage.

On multiple occasions the customer service has seemed adequate but has under-delivered and completely mislead me. This is the sequence of events:

Contract: I have an iPhone 7 on a 20gb unlimited minutes and texts with the 4gb of Euro roaming.

Monday: I arrive into France, all working okay. I have broken down.
Tuesday: on the way to getting the vehicle fixed I have come to the end of my roaming data allowance. I speak to Vodafone live chat and ask to be added to the global roaming, I specially send a web link showing what I am asking for and they say that they have added it to the account. So I use the data.
Wednesday: I carry on using my data as Vodafone have said I am in the global roaming. I see that my contract is at around £300 for the month. If added to the global roaming it should not be anymore than around £60.
Thursday: I speak to Vodafone and they say that I cannot have global roaming due to my contract. So they offer to provide me with 30gb of roaming data and credit the account to make up for their mistake. I agree and this was satisfactory. However this was not done. Further subsequent phone calls and live chats later Vodafone tries to up sell me to another contract with the global roaming.
Friday: I have more multiple conversations explains the situation over and over again and the same offer is made but it is not actually carried out.
Saturday: I have 0 network service, no calls, no texts, absolutely nothing. I have broken down and took hours to contact then recovery company as I needed to access a phone line, in a country which I am not familiar and do not speak the language.

People cannot even contact me because I have no service!!!!!!

It seems to me that vodafones customer service will lie, lie and lie and mislead you in order to make you feel happy. This is absolutely disgraceful.

Do Vodafone want to make this situation better?

i am returning to the uk tomorrow. Will I have network coverage? I am only contactable at the moment when using wifi or other people's personal hotspot. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kimosabe93

I agree it can be upsetting if things fail wether it be a car, technology or connection. 

I always suggest to have a phone unlocked to all networks so at least a local SIM card can be used alternatively. 

You will need to contact Customer Services on your return for them to access your account and account notes to discuss the situation with you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Kimosabe93

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had whilst you've been away. Vodafone Global Roaming can't be added to a contract that doesn't come with it included to begin with. 

You'd need to change your price plan to one of our new tariffs that come with it included. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team so we can make sure everything gets sorted for you.