Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Accept or Reject new phone when wanting to cancel

Kettleoffish
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I decided to upgrade my phone last week but changed my mind the next day, I contacted Vodafone 3 times over the phone and twice by chat and was told my order would be cancelled.

Today my plan was upgraded and new phone dispatched for delivery tomorrow, I contacted Vodafone three times again, one said my order would be cancelled within 2 hours, 2 hours later I called up and the person said to reject the delivery, I decided to call again and the guy said to accept the delivery and take it to a Vodafone store who will be able to return the order.

What should I do, accept or reject the delivery? I want to cancel my upgrade and return to my original sim only plan.

5 REPLIES 5

TheBibby
4: Newbie

My friend took a phone out through online and tried to take it to a store and they wouldn't accept it, so I would say decline the package and go into store and cancel so you can see the proof on the screen

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I wouldrecommend you accept it and then call them for the returns bags.

You need to start the cancellation process to revert your contract back to original.

By rejecting delivery, you are not sure when and where the return will end up.

Thanks for the replies, I went into my local Vodafone store and they said they would be able to sort out the return for me, so I will accept the delivery and take it to the store.

hrym
17: Community Champion

Normally a phone bought online can't be retured instore, so you may find this option isn't available.  However, the store may be able to order a return bag for you and this may have been what they were referring to.

Edited to add: Having looked at the link in  @AnnS's reply below, I see that instore return is now possible.  Excellent news.

AnnS

Hi @Kettleoffish

You won't have any problem returning your online purchase through a Vodafone Store.  There is further information for you on this link:  How to return a product