Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Access point changed!

endaf
4: Newbie

I'm on pay monthly with Vodafone, tonight at 9:05pm I get a phone system update msg.

After I clicked OK, it says network settings changed, so check them and I'm set to  pay as you go/voxi data.

Tried setting it to Vodafone contract but keeps going back to voxi.

I've never been with voxi, never been on their website, what is going on

9 REPLIES 9

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @endaf - what make and model phone are you currently using? We can run through some steps with you to help your phone use the correct APN settings. Alternatively you can find some handy steps on our support guides

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you long press the Contract APN, is there an option to set it as default?   It's a while since I've done this, but  Ithink it at least used to be an option.

No, had to reset now everything is working but voxi is still showing as a option!! 

hrym

I have both Contract and PAYG APNs (can't remember if VOXI gets a mention) and I think that's normal.  The main thing is that the correct one is set as default.  This would normally happen automatically.

I know, but voxi appeared from nowhere!

It shows as Vodafone payg/voxi data

hrym

When you do an OS update, it's quite common for the device to download new APNs.   My guess would be that the PAYG one now includes VOXI and that's why it's appeared now.   It should still default to the correct one, though.

It didn't, kept going back to voxi!!

AnnS

Hi @endaf 

Try this and see if it works, I am posting  assuming you are using Android.

1. Settings > mobile networks > access point names select the menu at the top and click reset to default, turn the phone off, remove the SIM, turn the phone on without the SIM, replace the SIM turn the phone on.

2. text WEB to 40127 to download the APN settings or follow the device guides here  for your model of phone to enter the APN settings manually.

3. set the APN to default.

4. Reboot the phone.

If there are still problems you will be looking at a factory reset as a last resort and possibly a new Vodafone SIM.

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @endaf 

Did you get a chance to try the handy info given by @AnnS and if so, is your phone now defaulting to the contract APN? 
VOXI will have appeared next to your PAYG in your APN choices to read PAYG/VOXI becuase Pay As You Go and VOXI both work off the same APN settings.