Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account Closed and Settled But Still Reporting to Credit Reference Agencies

rxfleming
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Vodafone

My account has been closed on 7th January, final bill paid in February and £0 balance on account.

You are still reporting to credit reference agencies that the account is active, and not closed and Settled.

I have spoken with your customer service team online and by phone, and no one seems to understand what I'm talking about.

Please can someone help me from the Forum Team to get me in touch with the correct department to have my account 'closed and settled' with all credit reference agencies? Thanks.

131 REPLIES 131

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@niall1234 We'd be happy to help to resolve this for you - I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't yet happened when you contacted us previously.

So our dedicated Credit File team can help, please follow the details I've sent in my private message to you.

I'm having the same problem despite your customer service staff repeatedly insiting my account is closed. My account should have been closed 12 months ago and I've wasted a long time trying to sort this out already. Can you please send me the details of the people who will ACTUALLY sort it out?

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @eleanormiles you can contact our team via the private message I've sent you. 

Hi There, 

I am having the same problem. I closed y account April 2014 and Vodafone still shows as an open account on my credit report - please advise how i can get this removed. 

Regards 

e

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @elsaingram I completely understand that this would be frustrating for you. So our team can get this sorted for you, please send us your details via the private message I've sent you.  

I have just run a credit report for the first time and have found exactly the same thing. I left Vodafone 3 years ago and it's still showing as an active account on my report.

It took Vodafone 11 months to refund me the money owed after I left, but I thought I was now free...

Please advise how to get this sorted swiftly. Thanks, Catherine

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @discombobulated we're happy to help where we can. So our Credit team can take a look, please contact us by following the steps on the private message I've sent you. 

Hi

I have the same issue - I closed my account early 2017 and you are still showing as active on my credit report.

Couldn't wait to leave and now I discover this - really not happy!

Please can you private message me the details on how to sort this out.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Kayla1237 We'll be happy to look into why we're still reporting on your credit file and fix this for you. Please follow the instructions I've set out in this private message, we'll get in touch.

Hi mods,

I am having the same issue - I left Vodafone last October and the account is still showing on my credit file. Would appreciate if I could be contacted as others have been to get this resolved.

Thanks