Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account Closed and Settled But Still Reporting to Credit Reference Agencies

rxfleming
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Vodafone

My account has been closed on 7th January, final bill paid in February and £0 balance on account.

You are still reporting to credit reference agencies that the account is active, and not closed and Settled.

I have spoken with your customer service team online and by phone, and no one seems to understand what I'm talking about.

Please can someone help me from the Forum Team to get me in touch with the correct department to have my account 'closed and settled' with all credit reference agencies? Thanks.

131 REPLIES 131

YOU CAN SORT THAT OUT BY CONTACTING THE CREDIT AGENCY AND ASKING THEM TO REMOVE FROM YOU REPORT

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. I left Vodafone in January 2020 but the account still shows on my credit file. Please could I be contacted with instructions on how to get this resolved. 

Thank you.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lily-Camille! We're unable to discuss accounts over the forum, but please use the links @Andy provided above to contact our customer service team and we'd be happy to take a look at your credit file and get this closed down for you 🙂

Hi Beth, 

Thank you for responding. I do not use social media and the live chat does not work for me. It just tells me to look at the same webpage over and over. Please could you direct me to an email address I can use or another way of contacting you privately? 

Thank you. 

Hi @Lily-Camille 👋 We can`t correspond by email for account queries, however if after stating your query on webchat you type "speak to someone" you will then be transferred to an advisor who will be able to assist further 😊

Hi Andy, 

After quite a few attempts trying to be put through to an advisor, I was able to speak with one of your colleagues yesterday. I think this has been resolved now. Thank you for yours and Beth's help. 

That`s fantastic to hear @Lily-Camille 😊 Please let us know if you need any more help or advice.

Hello Andy and other moderators,

I have the same issue.  I thought my account was closed March 2018 but it has remained on my credit report.  Please advise how best to get the account closed completely.  How can I get this fixed if not on social media?

Cheers

Hi @SussexRoad 👋 On the contact link there is also a link to our webchat team who will be able to help as well, once they have checked the account they will be able to pass your details over to the credit team who will be able to correct any discrepancies, alternatively you can also call 03333 040 191 and one of the team will be able to help there 😊

Hi Please can you advise me how to go about resolving the same issue as I am also still seeing a live vodafone account on my Credit Report