Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account Closed and Settled But Still Reporting to Credit Reference Agencies

rxfleming
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Vodafone

My account has been closed on 7th January, final bill paid in February and £0 balance on account.

You are still reporting to credit reference agencies that the account is active, and not closed and Settled.

I have spoken with your customer service team online and by phone, and no one seems to understand what I'm talking about.

Please can someone help me from the Forum Team to get me in touch with the correct department to have my account 'closed and settled' with all credit reference agencies? Thanks.

131 REPLIES 131

Hi @webymart1 👋 If you can drop our social team a message by following this link, we will then be able to look into this and make sure any necessary changes are made. 

Hi, 

I left a number of years ago and still have an active check on my credit agency.

Please can this be sorted.

CONTACT THE CREDIT REFERANCE AGENCY AND ASK THEM TO REMOVE IT FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO INFORM THEM THAT THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED

@MICKEY69

It’s not the individual’s responsibility to get it removed from a credit file, though. Once a credit account has been settled it’s the responsibility of the creditor to mark it as closed with the credit reference agencies. 

@DaneBwrote:

@rxfleming

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

@DaneB

I've had the same with my account. Could you please get in touch to help resolve? (your previous post did not have a link to any steps as the wording suggested)

Hi there, I have the same problem, have a closed account paid my final bill and left Vodafone however it still shows open on my credit file, I've contacted numerous times customer service telephone and no one has any of my details any more and is unable to help. Please can this be resolved. Thank you 

Hi there, 

I closed my account around 2015 (I think) yet it is still showing as live on my credit record, and it is showing that I’m still due a balance of £79 which is incorrect. 

I am wanting to apply for a mortgage so want this removing urgently. I phoned up your customer support who could not help as they couldn’t find any account in my name.

My old account number ended 9512. I believe The email address associted with that account is the same as I signed up to this forum with.

Please can someone attend to this immediately. I have also messaged you on Twitter with the link to this post.

thanks 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Briony5 Have we replied to your Twitter post yet? If not pop us another message on your current thread with your Forum ID and I'll get this chased up for you 😊

Good evening,

I had a mobile contract with Vodafone before I decided to switch to a different provider last October. Unfortunately I closed my direct debit without knowing I still had £4 outstanding on the Vodafone account. I only realised this in February this year when my mortgage application was refused due to a bad credit score (with the overdue payment to Vodafone being the only reason). I spoke with the customer service team on the online chat and paid off the remaining balance on February 12th, and was told following this that the account had since been closed. However for some reason this was not reflected when Vodafone last updated Experian on 28th February, meaning my credit score has since fallen further. I spoke to someone on the online chat again today and was assured the account had been closed, and that perhaps the reason my credit score worsened is that there can be a delay in Vodafone updating the credit agencies. Given the comments above by other users who have had the same issue, I am not convinced this is the case. Please could someone please assist me urgently as this is preventing me obtaining a mortgage. I have seen reference to a credit team within Vodafone but the online chat team have no knowledge of this. Thank you.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Becky90 - I understand how important this is to get sorted, especially when trying to take out a mortgage 🏠 Could you drop us a message on social media with your full name and mobile/account number so we can get this checked for you?

Make sure to also include a link back to this forum thread in your private message so you don't have to repeat yourself.