Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account Closed and Settled But Still Reporting to Credit Reference Agencies

rxfleming
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Vodafone

My account has been closed on 7th January, final bill paid in February and £0 balance on account.

You are still reporting to credit reference agencies that the account is active, and not closed and Settled.

I have spoken with your customer service team online and by phone, and no one seems to understand what I'm talking about.

Please can someone help me from the Forum Team to get me in touch with the correct department to have my account 'closed and settled' with all credit reference agencies? Thanks.

131 REPLIES 131

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@blue55 We can get to the bottom of this for you and help to resolve this. If you'd prefer not to speak with our Live Chat team, you do have the option to create a temporary Facebook or Twitter account to message our team.

Alternatively you can give us a call on 03333 040 191 from any line (standard charges will apply).

Clearly I'm not going to create a temporary social media account just to communicate with a communications company that doesn't seem to have an email address however can you tell me does that phone number connect to a UK based Vodafone department?

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@blue55 I can confirm that the number provided by @Tash can connect to a UK advisor. However, we don't guarantee this. We have advisors based all over the world that can and will help you with your query, all of our Social Media support is based in the UK though. 

Hi there,

I’m having the same issue as all of the above, my accounts was closed and settled in 2016 but is still showing active on my credit report.

Please could you assist me on how to sort this issue out?

Thanks Seb

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sebb232 We'll need to take a closer look at your old account to see why this is happening and fix it! Please can you send us your details over to our team, following one of the contact methods outlined HERE.

Hi having same issue, could someone contact me regarding this? Thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Paulwil43, we can help! As we'll need to locate and access the account you had with us, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter. We'll then be able to resolve any queries you have. 

Hi unfortunately i don’t use facebook or twitter is there another way i could get in contact? 

thanks

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The other options are Live Chat or 191.

To mention It takes a few minutes to create a Twitter Account to contact Vodafone Social Media Teams and then you can de activate it.

There isn't another way the Vodafone Social Media Teams can help as they can't access Accounts via the community forum.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, I too have two Vodafone accounts showing as open on my credit file, with a 0 balance snd no payments on either since they were closed. Who can I speak to to get them closed on my credit file?!