Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account Help

DNT1968
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have received a letter yesterday dated 9th August stating I have 14 days to contact you regarding an overdue payment on my account. Today, 18th August I have contacted your customer services department to make payment only to be told I couldn't as you have passed my details on to a debt collection agency. 

14 days should surely have been the 23rd August?

I contacted the debt collection agency with the details given by one of your customer services representatives only to be told by the agency that they have no record om me or an account.

Could you please give me the details of someone I can speak to within Vodafone who can speak to me to set up making payment on my account. I have tried to set up payments on more than one occasion without success.

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That doesn't sound right!   It's possible that, if the account is in default, it has been removed from the frontline system that the main customer service people can see.   It shouldn't have been passed to the debt collector yet, based on the dates you've quoted.  However, the process may be in train, which is why the collector can't see it yet.

The forum team should be able to investigate and get you sorted.  As part of the process, make it clear that you are attempting to clear this up and that any entry on your credit file should only show a late payment.   The team will pick up your post in due course.

Thank you. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DNT1968 So we're able to look into this with you, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent.