Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account closed but still on credit file - please close

Meloe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I closed my account quite some time ago, maybe 6 months. Why is it still showing as active with credit reference agencies? There's no balance outstanding. Please arrange to close it. Don't appreciate you still messing with my data in this gdpr environment. Sure I'm not alone - does this need to be taken up with the ICO?

5 REPLIES 5

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Meloe We'll be happy to take a closer look at your credit file and ensure the account you had with us is completely closed.
So we can help you further with this,  please follow the steps I've sent you in a private message, with details on how to get in touch with our team. 

Messaged in but no reply

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear your issues not been resolved yet @Meloe. So we can check we've got your email, please let us know the reference (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

Yes it is. 11234567

Really want the account closed on my credit file please, last time I ask before I report it to the information commissioner as a data infringement

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Meloe Thanks for getting back to us. Apologies for any confusion caused in our previous reply.

Please let us know the reference number that's attached to the email response you've received from us - this is found in the subject line and looks similar #12345678.

I've been unable to locate an email through the address registered to your Community profile. Once we receive the reference number we'll then be able to locate your email to us.