Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Add extra data for this month without declaring bankruptcy

Stanislav
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I moved rooms to a new flat which was bought by the agency just recently and, unfortunately, the internet connection installation was cancelled by the company that was intentionally about to do it for no given reason and it was assessed to a different one which is about to install it hopefully in the next 14 days.

So since I sometimes work from home and I use the internet very frequently there to watch videos while working on pc etc. to raise productivity, whatever, have some entertainment etc. I'm running out of data since I'm connected to my hotspot all the time and there is no other way to have internet atm in this situation. I have 20 GB monthly data plan and only 2 GB left and that's most likely going to be used in the next 2-3 days if I don't restrict myself in using it.

The thing is, Vodafone sent me this lucrative sounding message 2 days ago: "Here's an exclusive offer..... add 1 GB for £3 - half price - to your monthly data plan - offer ends in 7 days.". But what I understand from it is that it increases the data allowance for all months for the rest of the time I'll be using this plan, that's not what I'm looking for. I don't need the extra data for the other months. Alternatively, I can carry on using my current allowance and when I overflow it to pay 6.50£ for every 250 MB. But let's say I'm about to spend another 15 GB till the end of that 14 day period, that would cost me almost 390 £ (4 * 6.5 * 15). It would be cheaper for me to sit and work every day I need the internet from Starbucks and be connected there and pay for three coffees a day. Can I not do the 1 GB for 3£ thing only for one month?

So that leads me to why I'm here and asking for help

Or is there something I missed? Some other solution maybe?

Thanks very much for any ideas!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Stanislav

There is Vodafone Extras option that you could look at that you opt into.

Its rolling so remember to oot out if you no longer wish to have the extra data per month. 

More info > vodafone.co.uk/mobile/extras.Screenshot_20190216-044414_Samsung Internet.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Stanislav

Apart from hanging around Starbucks all day, there is not going to be a cheap option.

I would suggest getting yourself a PAYG data device from the link here : https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-broadband/dongles-and-mobile-wi-fi/vodafone-k5160-dongle/#Whi...

Although this is still going to be expensive, you will get 15GB for a one off price of £45.00 and will be a lot cheaper than purchasing an extra 2GB for £10.00 which is not going to go anywhere when you are downloading full pages of internet.