Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Additional Vodafone line

chrisbee73
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello I have a sim only and have today just ordered broadband from Vodafone.. would I be allowed an additional line on my account as I would like a new handset. I currently have a sim only which I've been paying for 3 months.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @chrisbee73 

Definitely something to discuss to Vodafone, as you are already a Vodafone customer and already credit checked and won't be credit checked again, this would depend a lot on the amount you have been credit checked for.  Also with you being a SIM only customer, if you wanted to upgrade your SIM only to a handset contract you would be able to take advantage of the flexible upgrade option where Vodafone would write off what remains of the SIM only enabling you to get a new phone on a 24 month contract.

With you being a broadband customer, you should also be entitled to a discount.  Take a look here: Vodafone Together 

Give Vodafone a call on 191, they will be able to advise further.

No problem thank you.. I've heard from a few people that when you make 3 clear payment on the account you are eligible for an additional line

hrym

Do you need an additional line or are you just looking for an upgrade?   If it's the latter, I think it may not be credit-checked, whereas another line probbaly would.

This might not be a problem, although a refusal would appear on your credit file.   Even if you were accepted, three checks in quick succession might have an impact too.