Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Adult content blocked

Lewisjarvis
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my plan and I was fine viewing adult content before the plan, but now it seems it's getting blocked? I have made sure all the bars are off etc. Any ideas what to do?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I've seen where a person has lifted the bar on their side but it's still showing on Vodafones side.

Phone 191 or use Live Chat or pop into a Vodafone Highstreet Store with photo Id and they'll check their side @Lewisjarvis 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Lewisjarvis 

If you have Secure Net on your new plan this will be preventing you from accessing these sites.  Try removing Secure Net through the My Vodafone application by going to Extras, mobile data options and toggle off Secure Net.

There is information here :  How do I deactivate Secure Net?

Also try updating your data connection by texting WEB to 40127.

Hi,

I have already talked to the team about this and they seem to have no idea about what's going on they have deactivate secure net as well it has no effect on the issue and I am Texting Web on 40127 but nohhjnh happens either. 

Thanka

BandOfBrothers

There was a spate of posts as I mentioned earlier where people were removing the bar themselves and were reporting that the block was still happening even though the Vodafone Agents were telling them the bar was lifted.

I think your going to have to persevere.

Sending WEB to 40127 does not work for everyone as it's a shortcode which sets up internet on a phone.

If you can access non adult sites then your APN'S are correct and you don't need to text 40127.

When I needed the bar lifting my choice was to visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store with I.D and they did this for me in house.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Seeed512 

Upgrading your contract does not reactivate content control, as it is account related, you only need to remove it once.

You mention Customer Services have deactivated Secure Net, you are given three months free trial.   You need to go into My Vodafone and make sure it is toggled OFF.

As far as texting to 40127 is concerned, this is recommended to refresh your data connection.

Narra

I found away around this despite Vodafone saying it had been remedied. Can only imagine they are utterly useless 😔 . Download a VPN (Virtual Protection Network). I'm using the Thunder VPN free from the play store. Simply turn it on and away you go. You may have to disable it depending on what you are doing as it can slow some apps down and be incompatible with 1 or 2 sites. Hope this helps as Vodaphone can't or will not.

AlBrown
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I’m having exactly the same problem. Tried everything but still no satisfaction. I’m gonna complain to Vodaphone and say I’m not gonna pay my bill for the time I haven’t had access to adult websites. Only just started my contract so hopeful I can negotiate a deal. Bloody ridiculous!

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Just keep trying and calling back and hopefully you find the person who knows how to fix it. Vodafone support are useless and seem to be trained to not believe you and be completely incapable of actually helping.