Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Age restriction Content Problem

Taters1970
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been with Vodafone for months and turned off the  age restriction bar when I joined with no problems . Yesterday I started getting the Vodafone age restriction warning page when trying to access some websites. I checked on the App and found for some reason the age bar was now on. I turned it off via the app , and  via the website but am still getting the warning and restricted access . I have contacted live chat 3 times now to be told the bar is switched off and they isn’t an issue yet when I check the websites are still restricted . I have turned the phone off and on numerous times , deleted history and cookies , reset network settings and nothing has worked. A quick search on here shows this problem has been around for sometime  but all the fixes I have tried and still have the same issue!!

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I had this content bar showing but as I do not use a credit card couldn't turn it off myself @Taters1970 

I decided to visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store and they turned it Off for me and its stayed that way 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Taters1970 I'm sorry to see you're having issues with the Age content bar, is this still the case? If so, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I am having the exact same problem as above. I have been through exactly the same steps. Please may a moderator also send me a message to solve this! I am getting very fustrated with this service

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ahoyou, I'm sorry for our late response, we're really busy here at the moment. We dont contact customers through private message here anymore. If you've got an account related issue, pop us a message through Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to help remove this for you 😊

Actually,  I went to Vodafone store they said i need to call technical support, or maybe they didn't want to help. I am a software engineer from Pakistan and was running a server and this age restriction bar was blocking me every 5 minutes.

i called technical support, First they said it is done, and i need to restart the device later i checked but age-restriction bar was still there, i called them again, and they said they remove the bar, i asked the technical support guy, Have you actually removed the bar or not? and he said yes he has removed it, and i need to wait and restart the device. 

But the bar was still there. 

It actually took me 30 minutes and continues talking to them and finally they were able to remove the bar.

SniperLFC
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am having a similar problem.

On both the app and website I have tried removing the bar but would just get a failed message. I have since contacted 2 advisors through the live chat and they have both said they removed the bar. The first on a few week ago I got the text message etc but the bar was still there and shows as active on my account. Yesterday I contacted another advisor and they say they removed it too but I got no text.

Now the website says it cannot remove the bar when I enter my card details etc. It is becoming very fustrating.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This isn't good to hear @SniperLFC! I certainly understand why this would be frustrating for you and I'd love the chance to get things sorted. Please send us a private message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username and we can get your account looked into right away.