main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Any one recognise this number 01709 918609

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie
Hi,

Keep getting calls from 01709 918609 claming to be vodafone, does anyone recognise the number if is from vodafone?

Many thanks
View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
13: Advanced Member

Yes, its a Vodafone number.  You can see a list of the numbers they call from on the link below:

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Calling-and-messaging/Calling/38912113/Is-it-Vodafon...

View more options
8 REPLIES

Yes, its a Vodafone number.  You can see a list of the numbers they call from on the link below:

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Calling-and-messaging/Calling/38912113/Is-it-Vodafon...

View more options
2: Seeker

Must be the vodafone store because 01709 is a rotherham area code!

View more options
View more options

I had that with Sky. Called me up asking if I wanted to take out their broadband service. I told them I was already with them. Then it was TV services & I said no. They are relentless lol

View more options
4: Newbie
Thanks👍
View more options
16: Advanced member

It's clear to see that receiving a call from an 01709 number would cause some confusion.

These calls will be coming from a company called Webhelp who provide call centre services to Vodafone (and other companies). They're based near Rotherham in South Yorkshire.

To be fair, there's a few of the eForum team who seem to originate from South Yorkshire (on the introductions thread) so they're probably working for Webhelp too.

But ultimately, they are Vodafone. Just working via a third party.

View more options

Really getting tired of this number keep calling me and then hanging up when I answer. I can hear noise in the background so they know I've answered

vodafone, you need to get a grip on your call centre before they start to lose you customers

View more options

@paulcp If you’d prefer not to receive any marketing-related calls from us, simply text STOP to 9774

For details on Vodafone numbers that call or text you and how to stop them Click Here

View more options