Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Any one recognise this number 01709 918609

rhoti
4: Newbie
Hi,

Keep getting calls from 01709 918609 claming to be vodafone, does anyone recognise the number if is from vodafone?

Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

Yes, its a Vodafone number.  You can see a list of the numbers they call from on the link below:

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Calling-and-messaging/Calling/38912113/Is-it-Vodafon...

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

Yes, its a Vodafone number.  You can see a list of the numbers they call from on the link below:

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Calling-and-messaging/Calling/38912113/Is-it-Vodafon...

Must be the vodafone store because 01709 is a rotherham area code!

I had that with Sky. Called me up asking if I wanted to take out their broadband service. I told them I was already with them. Then it was TV services & I said no. They are relentless lol

rhoti
4: Newbie
Thanks👍

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It's clear to see that receiving a call from an 01709 number would cause some confusion.

These calls will be coming from a company called Webhelp who provide call centre services to Vodafone (and other companies). They're based near Rotherham in South Yorkshire.

To be fair, there's a few of the eForum team who seem to originate from South Yorkshire (on the introductions thread) so they're probably working for Webhelp too.

But ultimately, they are Vodafone. Just working via a third party.

Really getting tired of this number keep calling me and then hanging up when I answer. I can hear noise in the background so they know I've answered

vodafone, you need to get a grip on your call centre before they start to lose you customers

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@paulcp If you’d prefer not to receive any marketing-related calls from us, simply text STOP to 9774

For details on Vodafone numbers that call or text you and how to stop them Click Here