cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Any way to identify if a call was attempted when the phone was out of range?

Johnmcl7
9: Established

I've been checking through the forum and verified that both the 1471 and *#147# services have been discontinued, does the system still send a mesage advising you if someone attempted to contact the phone when it was out of range?  If so, are there any particular settings to ensure it works?  I haven't seen one of these messages for years hence I thought it was best checking if it's still active or not.

Failing that, is there any other way to check if the phone received a call when out of range?

Knowledge is power, guard it well
2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Johnmcl7 

I would recommend slamdown from your voicemail settings, this is mainly for people who reach your voicemail and hang up but when you are back in range, you should receive a text message notification from Vodafone with the number. The only problem is this won't help if the caller does not reach your voicemail.  There is further information here:  How can I receive a text message to let me know I’ve missed a call?

I do agree that it is a shame 1471 and *#147# has been stopped, but both would only give details of the last call received.

Johnmcl7
9: Established

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @Johnmcl7 

I would recommend slamdown from your voicemail settings, this is mainly for people who reach your voicemail and hang up but when you are back in range, you should receive a text message notification from Vodafone with the number. The only problem is this won't help if the caller does not reach your voicemail.  There is further information here:  How can I receive a text message to let me know I’ve missed a call?

I do agree that it is a shame 1471 and *#147# has been stopped, but both would only give details of the last call received.

Thanks for the reply but have you actually seen this system working recently?  It used to work well but I can't get it working, I checked the notifications are enabled, switched the phone to flight mode, phoned it, hung up at the voicemail but on re-enabling the phone there's been no message.

Knowledge is power, guard it well