Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch 4 Cost

Moriconium
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Apple Watch 4-if I have a contract with Vodafone and then purchase an Apple Watch (cellular) separately, is there a cost to connect the watch to the phone? I have received conflicting information.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Moriconium

This link may initially help....

Look at the section in the link titled 'Apple Watch Eligibility Checker'

Vodafone > apple watch.

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can further help to clarify. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks. I've tried that twice now. The checker states 

Thank you. We've now completed your eligibility check. In this instance we need to talk with you to complete some additional steps. Please give us a call on 191.

Therefore I called 191.

i was advised I I could either purchase the watch via Vidafobe per month and was told the charge, but I wanted to know if I purchased the watch from Apple / elsewhere if there was a cost for data. I was advised probably no.. Then I'll check. Well there isn't a charge we can just send you an extra sim and it just uses the data from my mobile monthly account....

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you purchase elsewhere you pay £5 a month to use the data you have already paid for with the watch.

You get the first six months free, on a 30 day rolling contract basis. As advised already, check your plan is eligible

@chistery wrote:

If you purchase elsewhere you pay £5 a month to use the data you have already paid for with the watch.

You get the first six months free, on a 30 day rolling contract basis. As advised already, check your plan is eligible

Not what I was told and I hope it doesn't cost anything because that's what adviser said as long the checker said your  plan supports Apple Watch there would be no extra monthly cost