Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Cellular Problems

Slim1234
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Apple Watch 4 is brilliant. As is IPhone Xsmax

if you keep the two together all works fine

However, try using the watch on its own, using cellular, then this is where your problems will start.

Apple have designed wonderful tools,why can’t Vodaphone get them to work ?

Not one of the telephone advisors for Vodaphone, nor Vodaphone store employees has any idea about how to set up the Apple Watch series 4 to run off cellular.

Instead of coming clean, admitting they have no useful training, I was met with one fob off after another.

Examples.

“We will send a code through the post to activate the cellular watch” - nonsense ! Wait a week and find no “scratch off” card has arrived ! 

“You will have to back to the store to correct wrong inputting”. Why ?

So I go to the store ( 2nd time), staff have no idea what to do. They get onto the “chat line”, and tell me I must wait to sort it out ! Why ? 

I leave telling them to phone phone me on my mobile. I wait. Same story. They have now sent an “internal” message to another department and this will take another 72hrs ( but only when Monday comes as nobody from that dept works weekends !

My interpretation of all this is the staff have had no training.

This I can understand. But fobbing customers off with things like a ‘scratch card” in the post, or “you will have to go the store” is not acceptable.

19 REPLIES 19

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Slim1234 I believe I've posted a message to you via another thread. For monitoring purposes, please can you ensure all responses are on the one thread for clarity.

orkan101
1: Seeker

I know how you feel. The watch is great but Vodafone have no idea how to fix sim connection issues. I’ve had various escalated technical teams supposedly looking at the issue. SLAs missed and just made up advice. Today I was told to go to a store - apparently they had done miracle fix. They just googled the problem! Guess what, no fix. 

Frankly I’ve given up - the watch is likely to go back. I really don’t think Vodafone should have advertised a product they can’t fix. It took 4 weeks to get the watch and it has been 2 weeks of trying to resolve.

in my case I constanly get ‘no sim, no connection’. If anyone has any ideas how to fix then please reply. If I fix it ( although I plan to return it at weekend) I’ll let Vodafone know too.

Apple launched a great product but the carrier’s ability to role it out is flawed. 

A contract exists to supply goods and services, and if this cannot be honoured then compensation or refund is needed.

Contact customer support tell them you are leaving - it was the only thing that worked for me

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@orkan101 I'm sorry to see you're still having trouble with connecting your Apple Watch. If you'd like us to take a look, please contact us using the link in my private message 🙂 

Hi 

i have same issue says no sim and no network after activated on network. Called  Vodafone so many times. They can’t fix it and going one to another advisor. 

Just read your forum. So thought you might help how to fix. 

Please advise 

thanks

Hello yes finally both my iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch series 3 are now working perfectly without any problems. After making around 50 phone calls to Vodafone over around 3 months I never got anywhere so I decided to call Vodafone head office well they said it’s the directors office. After ringing the directors office I spoke to a lovely lady by the name of Irum who took a few day and sorted out my problems just before Christmas.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nayan0014 It's a shame to see your Apple Watch isn't pairing correctly with your iPhone. As we'll need to access your account to look into this, please get in touch using the link in my private message

A member of our team will then be in touch to help out further. 

I have similar problems , Vodafone seem unable to provide Apple Watch with cellular connnectivty at al . I’m giving them one last chance or they will lose a customer who had been with them twenty plus years !