Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Cellular Problems

Slim1234
3: Seeker

Apple Watch 4 is brilliant. As is IPhone Xsmax

if you keep the two together all works fine

However, try using the watch on its own, using cellular, then this is where your problems will start.

Apple have designed wonderful tools,why can’t Vodaphone get them to work ?

Not one of the telephone advisors for Vodaphone, nor Vodaphone store employees has any idea about how to set up the Apple Watch series 4 to run off cellular.

Instead of coming clean, admitting they have no useful training, I was met with one fob off after another.

Examples.

“We will send a code through the post to activate the cellular watch” - nonsense ! Wait a week and find no “scratch off” card has arrived ! 

“You will have to back to the store to correct wrong inputting”. Why ?

So I go to the store ( 2nd time), staff have no idea what to do. They get onto the “chat line”, and tell me I must wait to sort it out ! Why ? 

I leave telling them to phone phone me on my mobile. I wait. Same story. They have now sent an “internal” message to another department and this will take another 72hrs ( but only when Monday comes as nobody from that dept works weekends !

My interpretation of all this is the staff have had no training.

This I can understand. But fobbing customers off with things like a ‘scratch card” in the post, or “you will have to go the store” is not acceptable.

19 REPLIES 19

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Matthew843 - I’m disappointed to hear it’s taking so long to set up your Apple Watch. We can check this. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Mehboob

Hello I’ve been with Vodafone since 29 September 2018 I purchased a 20gb sim only plan and also took out a contract for my Apple Watch. A few days later they connected my phone but were having problems connecting my watch they said they couldn’t connect the data plan up to the watch on the 11th of October I was told by a agent i needed to upgrade my plan from 20gb to 30gb as it was not compatible with the watch so I agreed the problem was still not sorted today is the 15th of November I have made over 40 calls to Vodafone explaining my issues but nothing ever gets sorted. I have been told many times someone from higher technical team will phone me no one ever has, I have also been in touch with complaints they said they will be in touch but they haven’t I have done everything Vodafone has said but they have provided me the worst services ever I want to leave. In the start I was also having problems with my main phone line calls we’re being failed people could not reach me dead line tone once again weeks later was told need to change SIM card so I did was still having same problems.

@Mehboob wrote:

also having problems with my main phone line calls we’re being failed people could not reach me dead line tone once again weeks later was told need to change SIM card so I did was still having same problems.

Can confirm that these are know issues with a failed attempt to add watch service.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mehboob I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with calls failing and your Apple Watch. It's certainly not the experience we'd expect you to have and we'd love to have a look into your account and get you up and running. So we're able to do so, please get in touch using the link in my private message

Alex  - Can you help pleas?  i’ve had hours on the phone with this issue, and been given this excuse of  “technical team will go into your phone’s settings and fix within 72 hours. Don’t try to connect to data plan until then”. Really need an escalated solution as seems to clearly be a device registration issue as the attempt to find my account times out. The phone actually can’t not try to find my data plan. I get a failure notification from iOS every few hours...! TIA

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

It's disappointing to hear you're having trouble getting your Apple Watch connected @Muswell

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Done on Twitter;

@TJ wrote:

It's disappointing to hear you're having trouble getting your Apple Watch connected @Muswell

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

thanks! 

TJ

Brilliant, thanks for the update @Muswell  👍

Matthew843
4: Newbie

I have the Apple Watch and it worked fine with my iPhone 7z

I received the iPhone XS and since then I have been able to have any cellular connectivity . I have spent over ten hours on the phone to Vodafone and been in store three times when they have tried to sort it out . They relaxed the watch last Thursday and told me it was now properly connected yet not only isn’t it but now my phone will not receive ANY incoming landline calls at all they go to voice mail ! 

Another 65 minutes on phone today and they tell me they will call back on Tuesday ! I’ve been with Vodafone over 20 years and until now have never had a problem with them . But on S contract costing £114 a month this service is disgusting . I am going to cancel my contract as I am entitled to do next week unless this is finally sorted . 

Over the years I’ve recommended Vodafone to many people now I will be telling them this story , friendly but incompetent service with products they cannot get to work. A work colleague is with ee who seem to be able to connect the Apple Watch with no problems . 

I Hope someone from Vodafone reads this and contacts me I am at my wits end with them 

Muswell

Oh man. I have had the same “72 hour” fob off. And selected Apple Watch on phone support to get a 2.5 hour wait with no answer! It’s a joke.