Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Are Vodafone completely incompetent?

lowmtr
4: Newbie

So on the 29th Jan I called to get PAC codes and leave Vodafone on both my existing contracts on my account that I've had for many years.
Stupidly I allowed myself to be pursuaded to stay and was offered a discounted switch on both numbers to sim only. One number switched immediately (according to myvodafone) but to a plan different to that I had been promised, the other number didn't change and remained on my old (and totally unsuitable and expensive) tariff running up excess data charges.

7 Days of daily calls with hold times of up to 50 minutes each, multiple promises of resolution, calls backs and management escalation and I'm no further forward.  I've now received 8 seperate and new order texts, 2 other order emails but nothing changes and my old plan remains. I've been promised call backs, managers to get involved and every single promise from Vodafone has been broken as I bounce between various teams such as incoming/outgoing, loyalty and returns.  Yesterday I was specifically told the issue had been resolved with full management escalation and the agent promised me a call back to check all was resolved at 11am this morning.

Needless to say, no phone call and the issue remains. Another 50 minutes spent today, the specific promise of an urgent manager call back and an hour or two later I'm still waiting.

Did I miss something obvious about dealing with this company or are they simply not interested in retaining customers and/or staying in business?  Sad really because I recall a time when they were pretty switched on with their customer service. 

Life is too short for this, 8 calls and about 4 hours of on hold time just to get a sim is a complete joke. This is absolutely disgusting, customer service it isn't!

Any advice would surely be appreciated, this is for my wife and son's phones. My own mobiles are  on Giff Gaff and EE and their customer service organisation appears to soar like eagles when compared to these turkeys

8 REPLIES 8

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can completely understand your frustration. Vodafone does have a good team on here who will likely reply shortly with instructions on how to contact them directly via email. They should then be able to look at your account and see notes on the past interactions you've had with customer services + hopefully resolve.  

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

thanks for the answer redpages

>Vodafone does have a good team on here who will likely reply shortly with instructions on how to contact them directly via email.

I sure hope so, I just read all my notes from the last seven days fiasco and I've had at least four broken commitments to contact me, I see a similiar behaviour emerging in other threads so it seems inherent within their organisation that its all about "soothing" and nothing to do with fixing.

Its now sunk to a new low with a broken commitment made by a manager within Vodafone to call me back urgently much earlier today. I've managed large scale customer service organisations and when organisation leaders and motivators of staff are themselves breaking customer commitments its truly shocking.

Come on Vodafone, you have my contact numbers ands email prove me wrong and fix this please.

The frustration continues, another wasted 30 mins on their chat system, no solution, no call back as requested. Totally unbelievable

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lowmtr - I’m disappointed that you’ve had to contact us so many times. 

We’ll need to access your account to check what's happened to the deal you'd agreed to. When we do, we’ll also feedback all of the failed call backs and broken promises.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

>@lowmtr - I’m disappointed that you’ve had to contact us so many times. 

Dissapointment doesn't come close to what I'm feeling right now. I have never ever encountered such organisation wide incompetance, disinterest and what seems like an ingrained attitude to neither care about customers, take ownership of the issue or follow through on multiple commitments made to finally fix this  and/or contact me back.

SInce my last posting I've spent another 3 days getting nowhere and the cycle of new order placed, new order gets stuck, Vodafone remain clueless and place another order repeats again and I think I'm up to eight time around this loop since I stupidly decided not to take my PAC code and leave. As a professional manager I'm more disgusted with Vodafone leadership here:  not only do managers break commitments and not phone me back they appear to want to hide behind their own staff. Trying to get to speak to one seems as impossible as fixing the underlying problem.

>Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

I did that two days ago,  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this hasnt helped and I'm no further forward. 

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It's disappointing to hear that you've not heard from us yet @lowmtr and I can only apologise for your recent experience with us. When you filled out the instructions @Gemma sent you by private message, you should've received an automated response from us which will contain a reference number which looks like this, [#1234567]. Please repeat this number to us and we'll chase this up for you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dane B. I also filled in and submitted your form with my personal details and you promised that you will investigate this situation for me regarding account deletion. I only received a PM from you on the forum saying that you will not be able to deal with my issue because of the high volume of other queries.

My reference number, WRT165 [#18054732]

Is my issue being reviewed at? Why is it closed without investigation? I will persist as you have not replied and my PayG account has not been deleted yet. Is this what Vodafone does with its decent customers? How is it ethical to ignore problems? Can you chase it up for me too?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Anonymous I've replied on your other thread about our teams continued discussion with you via email 🙂