Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT Wifi authentication problems - continuing for several days now

Webreaper
7: Helper
7: Helper

HI there,

I've been unable to use BT Wifi with my Vodafone account details since early last week. On Thursday (20th Oct) I was unable to authenticate on either my phone or my laptop using my Voda credentials.

I spent about 45 minutes with somebody on Live Chat, who clearly didn't understand the nature of the problem - he completely reset my Vodafone user ID (that's worked just fine for the last 8+ years) and set me up a new ID. He also told me to restart my phone and laptop, but of course neither course of action solved it. Eventually I asked if the person could raise a fault and let me know when it was fixed. Since then I've heard nothing.

A number of my work colleagues see the same thing, and on Friday they were told by BTWifi that they'd had a lot of people complaining that it was a problem with the Voda auth process. Today, the problem still occurs, so I am left without the connectivity which I require (and which is one of the key reasons I remain a Vodafone customer). 

Can somebody from Vodafone update us with the cause of the problem and when we can expect it to be resolved? 

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Meg-B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Webreaper

I've sent you a private message so that we can help with this.

Regards,

Meg-B