Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ban on account...

Z6574
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a situation where I pay the contract bill for my son but he has stopped paying me the agreed amount per month for his bill. I was considering putting bans on texts, calls and WiFi if I can to teach him a lesson but I obviously want to keep the contract running. So... 

1. Can I disconnect text, calls and WiFi through account settings?

2. If I can, how long before I can switch them back on? 

If anyone can help, I would be grateful. 

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Z6574 

You can certainly enable and disable bars through your online account and stop all phone usage.  Further information here:  How do I manage my active bars? 

The problem is going to be bars can be removed from the account through the phone application, but he shouldn't know the account password. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Z6574 

What an awful situation to be in especially when it's family !  :Sad_face:

Unfortunately we do see from time to time that people do run into friction when a relationship , friendship or family agreement breaks down due to various reasons.

The first step I'd make in this situation would be to make the person aware of how much stress and financial hardship this would be causing me. Sit down and talk if you haven't already. 

If they don't / won't listen then I'd ask for the sim card back and give them a Vodafone Payg so at least we'd still be in touch. Managing a Payg is much easier as there's no set bill.

Yes you can add bars via myvodafone and but may further cause friction and hinder further getting funds from him.

In the very extreme circumstances if the person wouldn't give me the sim card I'd phone 191 and ask them to block that sim and send me a new one , remove the bar and effect a sim swap or pop into my local Vodafone Highstreet Store with I.D which then puts you back in control of the account and costs.

All that said I hope talking this out with your son resolves this.

You could even ask him to agree to have his bank account details on the account to make payments although your still responsible for the payments.

Or if your son is willing carry out a transfer of ownership so the accounts his.

Can-I-transfer-my-number-and-contract-to-someone-else. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Z6574 

I hope the bars will solve your problem and teach your Son a gentle lesson.  To add to the bars from your account, I would recommend Spend Manager, this will stop your Son incurring a large bill on a monthly basis.  If this would help the details are here:  Vodafone Spend Manager 

hrym

I agree that talking would be better than punitive action.  However, if it was his account and he stopped paying Vodafone, he'd soon be cut off, so the outcome would be the same (though with an eventual credit file hit as well).

In terms of practicality, yes, you can restrict the line though My Vodafone and you'd need to check that your son doesn't know your login.