Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bars still not working on my account

cnf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello I share an account with my wife but when I select ‘Services and extras’ from the  website it reports ‘Sorry, there seems to be a problem please try again later’ If I ignore it and select something to bar it reports ‘Sorry, there seems to be a problem   We can't add this service for you, because you're not eligible for it. - [Error ref 1c2]’. This is obviously a fault as my wife’s number on the same account is unaffected and the bars I want are in place. I wonder when it might be fixed? I had the bar in place recently and this has been happening since I visited a store when they removed all bars from my number.  I am trying to replace the bar for my number for ‘Premium rate information call and text bar - outgoing only’ amongst several others that were all removed by the store.

10 REPLIES 10

hrym
17: Community Champion

That's an odd error message.   Bars take a short while to be applied, but your should (as far as I remember), get a text confirming they've set.

Have you tried talking to Customer Service to see if they can set the bar for you?  If they can't, they may be able to see why.  If you don't get any joy there, drop a note back here and the forum team will be able to pursue it for you.

thanks - I would call Customer Service but I can't speak as I'm a mute - can I email them?

hrym

You can use Live Chat online (see here).  The button to access it isn't available at the moment, so it's probably busy and you may need to try later.  If this isn't an option, the forum team will be able to help - drop a note here and they'll pick up the thread in due course.

thanks - that's the way I usually chat to them but it hasn't been available yesterday or today - will keep trying tho - thanks again

hrym

Sounds as though there may be an issue.   It should be back but, if you get a reponse from the forum team before it is, go with that.

The chat service still isn't working - so does anyone else have any ideas for someone that doesn't speak?

I'd like this sorted before I go on holiday on Sep 3rd. Right now if it doesn't change I see no option but changing provider which I accept would be a bit drastic but living with a phone service that you can't set Bars on does seem a bit ridiculous

hrym

It's not working for me either.   I'll ask if there's an ongoing issue.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cnf We'd be happy to look into your account and assist with these bars. 

So we're able to do this, please follow the instructions in my private message. Our team will then be in touch via email 🙂

I have exactly the same issue. I have 3 phones on my account and one of these phones I cannot set a number of bars either via the MyVodafone app or the Vodafone website. In addition to this the phone in question will not pick up any roaming network while abroad. Done all the usual things. Spoke to technical support on a number of occasions. Promised action a number of times and return phone calls. So far no return phone calls, and no fix to this issue. Something fundamentally wrong with this number that nobody seems to be able to resolve. Help.