cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Being charged for spotify premium even though I've activited my entertainment package

Finnus725
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I've noticed quite a few others have had this issue, however I can't find a fix - trying here as the live chat isn't working.

I've had this issue on my previous contract and gave up. Every time the customer help desk said the money would be refunded and this wouldn't happen again... it did. This happened three times.

I was hoping after I switched to this new contract the issue would end but my bill says £9.99 for spotify premium. 

I've followed the steps to activating premium and my contract lists free spotify.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this issue has been happening since at least October! That's about £70 I need refunded!

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Finnus725 

You need to cancel the ongoing subscription or it will revert to chargeable.   When this has been done and it has run it's course until the next monthly renewal date, you will be able to opt into the new subscription that comes with the new contract or upgrade.

You can cancel the subscription from here:  How do I cancel my Spotify Subscription? 

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the quick response.

I should have mentioned I already completed this step as I renewed my contract.

I let the spotify continue until it reverted back to a spotify free account (thereby confirming this cancellation) and then renewed the spotify premium with my new contract.

BandOfBrothers

I would suggest to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they have account access.

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.