Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Best day to submit a port in request?

pctechbloke
4: Newbie

At some pont this month I'm going to activate a new Vodafone PAYG SIM (just using my credit up first) and request a PAC from my service provider (O2 based)

I've had my number for about 15 years and it was initially issued on a Virgin Mobile SIM so I know that makes it part of EE's allocation.

A couple of years back I'd ported out from O2 onto Post Office Mobile which went without a hitch but then I had to move it onto another EE based SP when they shuttered Post Office Mobile.

I had an issue for about 5 days with what I believe is termed a split port where my number was presented on outgoing calls but connected to my old SIM when dialled and was also directing SMS to this.

When I last moved last year from the EE based SP to my current SP I had the issue again which took them a good 14 days to correct.

I'm moving to Vodafone as the coverage seems to be better round where I live and work and the new PAYG 1 plan looks to be better for my pattern of usage.

My question is, has there been any major issues recently with split ports and what tends to be the best day to submit the form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @pctechbloke the only advice I have seen about when to port is early in the week as ports don't happen over the weekend. Apart from that nothing, there have been occasional split port stories on here but haven't seen many for a while now.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

63johnw

Hi @pctechbloke the only advice I have seen about when to port is early in the week as ports don't happen over the weekend. Apart from that nothing, there have been occasional split port stories on here but haven't seen many for a while now.