Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Best way to upgrade contract

Liverpoo12014
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So my contract is due for an upgrade and I need it as my phone is on its last legs. 
The Vodafone deals I have seen for the phone I want and have also spoken on the phone to them about are not good at all.

So I am considering getting a new contract through mobiles.co.uk but still on the Vodafone network. 
Is it as easy as just cancelling my current contract (and paying the small fee of course), getting my PAC code then transferring my number across when getting my new phone or not?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If your new your contract end date and not at any early flexible upgrade stage perhaps call 191 and choose the thinking of leaving option and speak to the retentions team to broker a deal @Liverpoo12014 

You can take out a contract with an independent but you'll become their customer with Vodafone providing the network connection and collecting payment.

Discounts such as employers VEA isn't available through independents.

You could also choose to go sim only with Vodafone which is typically cheaper and then buy a new phone as long as its sim free or one direct from Vodafone or even one from places like cex or game etc which are sometimes unwanted upgrades or 2and hand.

Moving old vodafone number onto new Vodafone Contract. Credits to @AnnS 

There are two ways this can be done.

1.  Cancel the old contract and ask for the number to be moved to PAYG.  The number will be scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  You will then receive a new PAYG SIM card to activate and top up a small amount to get it active on the network.  You will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract.

2.  Ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the old number to an alternative network, use the SIM as PAYG on the other network and ask for a PAC code to move the number onto the new contract.If your original contract near it’s end date ? If not then actioning the above would end it and invoke any relavent early termination fee. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I bought mine through fonehouse, and ported out and back within a few days, and all sorted and lots of money saved.

If you use mobiles.co.uk it helps if you have a bank with in app cheque imaging. Fonehose pay by BACS.