Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Beware! One NumberBill Payments continue after contract switch with PAC code

ibuprofen2020uk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was on a Pay monthly tariff until January/February 2020 and I had a OneNumber service for my Apple Watch with my main mobile number . After using my PAC code to move my mobile number to another network, I believe my contract with Vodafone would terminate at this point. My last full monthly payment was January 2020. Shortly after my switch to another network, Vodafone terminated my access to the online account as well as access to the Vodafone app on my phone.

I never received a final bill and as there were no debit entries in February 2020, I thought the migration to the new network went smoothly. I spotted a small debit entry in my March 2020 bank statement and my first thought was this must be the final bill payment.

Another month gone by and another bank statement arrived at my home, there is this £5 debit entry on my statement from Vodafone which I did not expect at all.

After best part of 2 hours on the phone with Vodafone's complaint team with 4 different members of staff. I was told that there is a notice period of 30 days to terminated my OneNumber service for my Apple Watch. They cannot promise whether I will get a refund or not for payments they took for the OneNumber service .

I would have spotted this much earlier if I retained my access to my Vodafone account. On one hand they have removed my access and on the other hand continued to take money from my account. Where's the transparency in this situation?

If you are users with OneNumber service, beware of the above situation. As of now, I am waiting for a call back from member of the complaint tomorrow to see if they can resolve this situation.

To the complaint team members I spoke to this afternoon, thank you for your patience and professionalism.

Best wishes

Ex-Vodafone user

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ibuprofen2020uk 

I totally understand and appreciate your unimpressed with this situation.

There is some information in cancel-your-account  and in regards to Onenumber which is a separate service in Will-switching-my-network-impact-my-other-Vodafone-services. 

Using a Pac by giving it to another Network automatically cancels the main contract.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.