Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Beyond a Joke

Blueeyes12345
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I decided to cancel my contract with Vodafone back in December 2017, the other day I received an email to say I owe £134 and that my account had been suspended.  I rang vodafone while on my works break, to see why this was owing as I had cancelled and not used Vodafone for 2 months and had paid my bill up to date, I was put through to a total of 5 different people put on hold  about 7 times and after being on the phone for a total of 1 hour and 5 mins in my works hours, it’s still not sorted, I now have to wait for a phone call next week to give them time to investigate my phone call in December to see if I had cancelled even though they could see the phones had no activity since the phone call in December.  What a joke!  

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hopefully the investigation will clear this up for you @Blueeyes12345

How did you cancel the contract may I ask ? I.e. 30 days notice via a call to customer services on 191 or via using a Pac to move to another network. 

Did you recieve a Sorry your Leaving letter and a £0 bill after you paid the final bill. 

Was you definitely at the end of your contract and not at an early upgrade date. 

As this involves a bill that has not been paid id suggest to check your Credit File via experian as one option to ensure no late payment markers or default has been added which will affect your credit score. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I rang and cancelled and got a puc and pac code to transfer to another supplier, the pac code wouldn’t let me transfer the numbers when I was setting up a new supplier on their website, so I ended up using the new numbers.  I was told today that the pac code wasn’t used on one of the phones I was cancelling (I had two phones on the one contract) so that’s the reason the account was not closed properly.  I did try and use the codes and I presumed everything would be fine as the person I spoke to when cancelling assured me that the account was closed, I did receive a sorry your leaving email the day after I cancelled but not received anything else since this latest email.   They did try to say my contract would end in January 2018  for one of the phones but the other had ended in November but I am pretty sure that I took out a 18 month contract and not 24 months,  I also ordered both phones at the same time back in November 2015 (one of the phones was a birthday present for my son)  so don’t have a clue how they worked that out.  

AnnS

Hi @Blueeyes12345

When  a contract is cancelled, until the fnal bill is received with a 0.00 balance, it is recommended to leave the direct debit open, this will enable Vodafone to take any final payment and return any line rental paid in advance direct to your account.

The best way forward is to wait for a member of the Team to get to the thread, they will be able to check the account was correctly closed.

I cancelled my direct debit because at times I didn’t have enough in my account to pay the balance as they were charging me for phone calls even thou I had unlimited calls, charging me for photo messages, charging for extra data, my bills were sometimes up to £20 more than what I had budgeted for and the contracted price.  So for the last two years I’ve been paying it through the website either early or a couple of days late depending on my finances.    I had paid what was owing on the account the day I asked to cancel and nothing was said to me about any other money owing or them owing me anything.  

@Blueeyes12345 - It sounds like there’s been some confusion with our cancellation process.

To cancel the contract, you would have needed to use the PAC for both numbers (I understand that you did try to do this).

I’m sorry that you’ve had to speak to several people. If it’s still not resolved, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 
Generating a PAC won't cancel a number as it's just a code to port your number over to the next network provider. If the new network provider uses the code and activates your number on their network, your number with Vodafone will be cancelled.
If you're not using the PAC, they (Vodafone) need to be informed of the same so that they can schedule a cancellation of the number in next 30 days.