cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Billed incorrect amount, wrong phone and awful customer service..

Pinkshelly19
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just received my online bil with a whopping charge of £195 for data over a three day period, bearing in mind the phone is not used all day and it hasn’t left the house and then the phone is connected to Home WiFi. Spoke to someone on the live chat who was most rude and told me that they will investigate and if it’s wrong I will be refunded! I refuse to pay until it’s sorted! Very ilmannered customer service! It’s their error but yet accept no responsibility in it at all

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Pinkshelly19

I can appreciate the shock you must have had when seeing your bill. 

Some phones can auto switch connection type if the signal It's on dips or drops.

So if your Mobile Data setting is turned On but your on Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi dips then it'll auto switch to network mobile data. 

Some phones settings can be tweaked to stop this from happening. 

Also turning Off Mobile Data in the phone will stop it too. 

Vodafone can only see the amount of data used but not what's used it on I'm afraid. 

Check any inbuilt data monitor in your phone to see what it's saying has used what. 

Data Monitors can be downloaded too. 

Your myvodafone will show your overall data usage too. 

If a mistake has occurred then they will refund the monies I'm sure. 

However if you decide to withhold your payment then the ramifications could be....

Restricted service. 

Re Connection Fee's. 

Late Payment Markers. 

Debt Collection Companies. 

6 Year Default on your Credit File causing future issues when applying for mortgages , overdrafts , cards. Loans etc. 

It's Much easier to gain a refund than it is to reverse a credit file default. 

Please do come back to the Vodafone Community Forum for further help if needed as do do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@Pinkshelly19 The advice @BandOfBrothers gave is correct. It's possible that if your phone has a Wi-Fi assist option, it's been using data rather than connecting to your home Wi-Fi. You can usually find this under your phones Mobile Data settings. 

We'll be happy to take a look into your account and the charges you've incurred. As @BandOfBrothers mentioned - we're unable to see what the data has been used on but we'll be able to see a breakdown of times and the amount of usage. Please follow the steps I've sent you in a private message, to get in touch with us.