Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Billing Overcharge

cljhalls
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I become a new customer of Vodafone last month or so and normally my bill is £20 per month. 

I received my bill yesterday and paid it but I than noticed I was over charged £2.50 (I know it’s not a lot at all, but I was charged an extra £2.50 on my first bill and an extra £2.50 on this bill) 

Again, I know it’s only £2.50 but being charged twice and nothing showing on my bill to find out why is worrying me about as it does add up over time. The contract I signed up for was only £20 p/m. 

I have not gone over my texted, minutes, data and not purchased any addons etc. 

I am wondering if someone on the community or a member of the Vodafone team is able to help me. I did try and do the live chat but it said no one is available and to submit something on the forum. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello!

Just want to take a moment to update you of what was the issue. 

When I first signed up to Vodafone 2 months ago their was an issue with the website so I had to do a new order over the phone. The agent gave me a free month and delivery charged waved. 

I have spoken to the social team and they have figured out the £22.50 was never added to my account which seems to been sorted out now. 

The £2.50 was the SIM card delivery. 

Thank you for your help BandofBrothers & AnnS for your suggestions and help.

Appreciate the help. 

Stay safe!

C

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have a look in your myvodafone app or online myvodafone to look at any extras showing @cljhalls 

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum.

If nothing there then Live Chat or 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries As they have account access too.

Use Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Thanks for you reply!

Ive had a look via Vodafone online and via the my Vodafone app and it don’t say why. 

ive got in touch via Facebook using the information from the forum post you shared. 

will post again once I’ve got an answer. 

Thanks again for the help. 

c

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @cljhalls   :Smiling:

They'll be able to access your account to see if this is some form of Vodafone charge and I'm hoping it's not some form of outside subsritpion that's  re occurring or MMS charges that are not part of the texting allowance.

Please do let us know how you get on.   :Smiling:

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @cljhalls 

Although your bill should itemise the extra charge, I am wondering if you may have accidentally opted into the picture message extra at £2.50 per month here:  Vodafone Extras .

I would recommend logging into your application or online account, you can check for all extra's from there and cancel. 

Hello!

Just want to take a moment to update you of what was the issue. 

When I first signed up to Vodafone 2 months ago their was an issue with the website so I had to do a new order over the phone. The agent gave me a free month and delivery charged waved. 

I have spoken to the social team and they have figured out the £22.50 was never added to my account which seems to been sorted out now. 

The £2.50 was the SIM card delivery. 

Thank you for your help BandofBrothers & AnnS for your suggestions and help.

Appreciate the help. 

Stay safe!

C

BandOfBrothers

Good to hear this is sorted out @cljhalls 

Take care.    :Smiling:

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >