Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Billing dates

phil76
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’m planning to take out a new contract with Vodafone during July. I want to have a billing date of around 23rd of the month so the payment is taken around 30th and aligns to my salary payment.

Does anyone know roughly what date I need to take out the contract in order to achieve these dates?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @phil76 

That's a difficult question for sure, you are never going to get the exact billing date you want, the 4th of the month is one date, this would make the second week of the month the approximate time to take out the contract.  Also, the direct debit would be taken 2 weeks after the billing date,

With the first bill including one months extra line rental in advance to bring you in line with the billing date the first bill will always be more than expected.

BandOfBrothers

@phil76 

Once your contract is activated and the 1st Direct Debit takes place it wouldn't harm to then phone Customer services on 191 or use Live Chat  and if they can move your dates they will.

You won't be the first or last person needing to move a direct debit to coincide with their salary payment dates.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @phil76 

Vodafone have a policy of not allowing customers to change direct debit dates.  You can contact Vodafone and ask but you probably won't get much success from them.,  

Also changing direct debit date with an further account reset this is going to mess up your billing.  

Please see here for further help and support: Can I change my payment date? 

Sorry Ann, but that's incorrect. 

I've successfully managed to change my Payment date on several occasions as I get paid on a 4 week cycle instead of a monthly one. You can't change your BILL DATE, but it's perfectly possible to change the Payment terms, so the money comes out toughly when you want it to.

AnnS

Hi @stonefences 

I am sure you are correct. Always thought the direct debit came out 2 weeks after the billing date.

hrym

I'm just wondering whether the contract start date would make a difference.  The forum team may be able to advise when they pick this thread up.   However, it might be tricky to get it precise as it would depend on how long a credit check takes - though you could possibly make sure the billing date at least isn't before a cerrtain point.